Prof. Uda Hettige
B.A.(Kel'ya), M.Phil. (Kelaniya), FSLCA
Postgraduate course coordinator- Department of Archaeology, Faculty of Social Sciences
Life member of Royal Asiatic Society – Sri Lanka
Hon. Librarian, Royal Asiatic Society – Sri Lanka
Council member, Royal Asiatic Society – Sri Lanka
Ancient Art History of Sri Lanka, Asian Art Traditions, Sri Lankan Folk Art Traditions
- Puravidya Pravesha (Introduction to Archaeology) 1992
- Puravidya Pravesha (Introduction to Archaeology –Extended Edition) 2007
- Jagath Kala Pravesha (Introduction to World Art) 2007
- Polonnaruwa Civilization of Sri Lanka 2007
- Kalawa Prathama Bhagaya (Concepts and Techniques of Art) 2009
- Hindagala Chithra (Hindagala Paintings) 2009
- “Traditional preservation methods and systems in paddy cultivation is Sri Lanka”
- “Essays in Archaeology” – Archeology felicitation volume: Prof. H.T. Basnayake.
- “Ancient Food Preservation systems in Sri Lanka”, 2005 – 2006, Archaeologia.
- “Buddhist Art in Sri Lanka”, 2012, Essays in Social Sciences and Humanities, Godage International.
- “Drushya kalawe bauddha sanniwedanaya” (The communications through visual art), 2013, Buddhist Culture, Department of Cultural Affairs.
- “Polonnaruwe chithra saha sampradaya” Paintings and traditions of Polonnaruwa), 2009, Pulatisivamsa, Department of Cultural Affairs.
- “Purana vrutanta kalawe sanrachana vidhi” (Completion of demonstration), 2005, Vimala Prabhasa, Sridevi Printers.
- “Apaya sankalpaya saha Sri Lankawe vihara chithra” (The concept of perdition and Sri Lankan monastic paintings), 2005, Kala Sangarawa, Department of Cultural Affairs.
- “Pethikada Chitra” (Pethikada painting), 1996, Special literature volume, Department of Cultural Affairs.
- “Dakunu Asiyawe bauddha kalawa saha wastu vidyawa” (Art and Architecture of South Asia), 2010, Prabhavi, S. Godage Publication, Colombo.
- “Sahithya mulashra wala sadahan Jala Udyana” (Water gardens recorded in literary sources), 2002, Essays in Archaeology, University of Kelaniya.
- “Mahanuwara chithra sandaha balape mulashra” (Sources effected to the Kandyan pintings), 2000, Purana, Central Cultural Fund.
- “Sri Lankawe vihara chithra ha Jathika ananyathawaya” (Sri Lankan monastic painting and national identity), 1998, Kala sagarawa, Department of Cultural Affairs.
- Prabhavi – Buddhist Culture
- Essays in Social Sciences and Humanities